Job Status: Active ✓
|Job Type||Full Time|
Job Description Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa (CCBSA) has an exciting opportunity in our Warehouse department. We are looking for talented individual with relevant skills and experience for Shunter Driver, which is based in Wadeville. The successful candidate will report directly to the Team Leader Warehouse in Wadeville. Key Purpose to maneuver trucks & trailers safely & efficiently in the yard/warehouse area so that vehicles & trailers can be loaded, off-loaded & parked within the predefined operational efficiency standards.
Key Duties & Responsibilities Key Output:
• Ensure all secondary distribution trucks/trailers are moved to & from the loading bays at the required operational efficiency rate such that all vehicles achieve their respective departure times.
• Ensure all primary distribution trucks/trailers are moved to & from the loading bays at the required operational efficiency rate such that all vehicles achieve their respective departure times.
• Ensure trailers/trucks are parked within their designated parking bays in the yard to enable ease of departure for the driver.
• Ensure the correct trailers/trucks are moved to a from the loading bays in accordance with the loading plan.
• Ensure safe operation of trucks & trailers & other equipment & report any incidents relating to safety transgressions, damages to equipment & such like.
• Ensure all appropriate trailers are connected to the power point at the respective parking bay & ensure the pallet jack is charging in the trailer to enable the driver to depart with ease.
• Ensure all safety rules and processes are complied with including the use of chock blocks, no idling of vehicles whilst loading & any other applicable policies.
• Comply with relevant stock management processes including counting of inventory daily.
Key Attributes & Competencies
• Warehouse processes
• Asset care processes
• Safety regulations & requirements
• Application of knowledge areas
• Ability to hook & off hook trailers
• Operation of shunting truck
• Code 14 truck license
• Literate & numerate
Attributes & Attitudes:
• Willingness to learn
• Ability to adapt to change
• Customer centric approach
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Attention to detail
Skills, Experience & Education Qualifications & Experience:
• 1 year experience and Code 14 license