Job Status: Active ✓
|Job Type||Full Time|
Permanent office-based, with little to no hands-on patient contact. Instead, on a daily basis they telephonically coordinate a large range of medical cases, monitor patient and treatment outcomes, and oversee international medical evacuations for members when they are traveling, working or living overseas.
This is an excellent opportunity to move out of a hands-on clinical role, whilst still utilising your medical knowledge, experience and skills by offering medical assessment over the phone with a strong customer service focus.
MEDICAL ASSISTANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsibility for medical due diligence and case direction with respect to all medical assistance cases.
Responsibility for all ongoing medical related tasks required on all medical assistance cases.
• Assess each case with respect to its medical elements and provide direction in order to facilitate medical due diligence and render the appropriate assistance.
• Provision of assistance with referrals and retrospective claims assessments as required.
• Responsibility for ensuring that there is an appropriate medical handover of cases at the beginning/end of each shift.
• Provide clear case direction at the transmission handover process in the assistance centre each day.
• Direct the medical frequency /intensity of medical contacts with treating Doctors, Clients, patients and their family members as appropriate.
• Direct the planning and progress of medical hospitalisation cases.
• Oversee the planning and progress of operational issues relating to medical case management.
MEDICAL ASSISTANCE SERVICES
• Receive and assess all medically related calls received from clients. Collect logistical, medical and collateral histories pertaining to the medical event/incident.
• Provide telephone medical assessment of patients in all parts of the world, assess and monitor the appropriateness of the treatment where they are located.
• Give advice to callers, relatives, employers, employees, insurance companies and other clients.
MEDICAL LIAISON AND REPORTING
WORKHEALTH (OCCUPATIONAL) SERVICES
GLOBAL ASSISTANT NETWORK
Required Work Experience
• Min 5 years post graduate experience as per Group Standard
• Min 2 years private sector working experience in Emergency/Trauma Department and or General/Family Practice
• HPCSA Registration
• Post graduate qualification and/or experience in Occupational Health, Emergency Medicine, Travel/Tropical Medicine, Family Medicine
• Short course Advanced Life Support and Aviation medicine training advantageous
Skills / Knowledge
• Able to work under pressure and deliver results to deadlines
• Be independent and firm, at same time a team player
• Good interpersonal skills to work in the team - with service-focus mentality
• Knowledge / experience within the commercial maritime industry (preferred)
• Well-travelled with Africa knowledge and a global geographical awareness
• Excellent written and spoken English
• European languages would be an advantage