Internship - Information Technology (Hyundai Head Office)
Job Status: Active ✓
Interns are recruited annually from various tertiary institutions for participation in a structured Internship Programme. The rationale behind the programme is to increase skills within the company as well as the industry. This programme also addresses succession planning and transformation objectives. This is a generic structured programme that assist companies to expose and develop the interns. The internship programme is a 12 month programme and permanent employment upon the completion of the programme can not be guaranteed.
Specific Role Responsibilities
• The primary objective of the role is to provide first time resolution to service requests logged on the ticket system.
• Provide high quality end-user support using a variety of methods including desk-side, remote control tools, telephone and email.
• This will be achieved by diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving queries at the first point of contact or providing the ground work for escalating the fault to the designated escalation point to further investigate and resolve.
• Troubleshoot desktop applications, printers, workstations, laptops and peripherals.
• Liaise with 3rd party software / hardware vendors where needed.
• Accurately log and document work history on all tickets
• Effectively manage problems through to resolution, and undertake root cause analysis where needed.
• Participate in IT related projects as required.
• Perform maintenance on IT infrastructure.
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Information Technology
• Any additional IT certification relevant to the position.
• Linux knowledge would be an advantage.
Skills and Personal Attributes
• Good problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills
• Good organisational skills
• Learning potential
• Multi-task orientated
• Ability to work under stress