Human Resources Manager
Job Status: Active ✓
|Job Type||Full Time|
Position Description Summary: The HRM guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for company. Incumbent originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards; goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
2. Maintain organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counselling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analysing exit interviews; recommending changes.
3. Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
4. Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
5. Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counselling employees and supervisors.
6. Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
7. Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable statutory human resources requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings
o Degree in Human Resources or related field
o 5 years’ Managerial experience in NGO environment
o People oriented and results driven
o Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
o Knowledge of HR systems and databases
o Ability to architect strategy
o Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
o Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
o In-depth knowledge of South African labour law and HR best practices
o Valid driver’s license and ability to travel extensively as and when required