Human Resources Consultant
Job Status: Active ✓
Job Title Human Resources Consultant - Parktown
Department Human Capital
Job Type Permanent
Location - Town / City Parktown
Location - Province Gauteng
Location - Country South Africa
Key Purpose Provide assistance with the Administration of the Day-to-Day Operations of the Human Resources Functions and Duties. Perform responsibilities in some or all of the following areas: Employment Programmes, Employee Compensation and Job Evaluations, Benefits, Employment Equity Initiatives, Training and Development Programs.
Key Responsibilities Human Resource Functions.
HCD & Business Support.
Specific Outcomes Talent demand, supply and discovery logistics:
• Gather research information of people movement within Departments and Labour Market Demand and Supply Trends
• Administer reporting and data gathering Processes related to HR Planning and maintain databases
• Assist Line Managers to determine the assessment criteria and to shortlist applicants
• Advise Line Managers to link filling of posts with EE Requirements
• Conduct job interviews and selection
• Make recommendations on offers and Contracts of Employment
• Facilitate Recruitment Process for vacant positions and match the Competency Profile of Employee with the Leadership, Technical and Pipeline Level Requirements of available position
• Gather training and development monitoring data for analysis purposes
• Gathers data on Coaching and Mentoring for Research purposes.
• Assist in executing the Leadership Pipeline Strategy.
• Administer Performance Management Training and information dissemination on the Performance Management Framework
• Gather information regarding Performance Management implementation trends
• Administer the nominations for the orientation and Induction Processes and Programs and oversee the operational and logistical arrangements
• Present orientation courses for all newly appointed Employees and coordinate with the line functions in which a new Employee is being placed to implement function specific induction.
• Provide operational and administrative support for Career Development Consulting and Advisory Processes
• Maintain Career Plans
• Keep information on the organizational structure updated and effect changes as required
• Provide administrative and operational support related to the design of Macro Organisational Structure
• Demonstrate understanding of the functions and service delivery processes and activities across the functional areas of the various departments.
• Assist line with the development of job profiles using appropriate tools, benchmarks complying with applicable prescripts and ensuring alignment to the strategic objectives of the department
• Administer and provide operational support for the implementation of change awareness campaigns and stakeholder processes
• Provide administrative support in the rollout of Change Management Training
Talent Compensation, Benefits Management and Retention:
• Support Job Evaluation and Grading Processes and provide Secretarial Services as required
• Identify the requirements for job evaluation assistance and interventions by Line Managers
• Provide information to Employees on the benefits available
• Advise and assist employees in managing their salary package using the Flexi-Pac Modelling Tool
• Gathers Employee Turnover Data
Diversity and Employment Equity:
• Manage and participate in all functional Employment Equity structure and provide guidance in the implementation of EE Policy, Development Employment Equity measures to address gaps and monitoring of action implementation
Employee wellness and well-being:
• Facilitates consultation on employee assistance and wellness needs, including physical, social, emotional, occupational, spiritual and financial wellness
• Manage and facilitate consultation processes on disability and ill-health management
Provide operational and administrative support relating to disciplinary and grievance resolution activities and processes
HCD & Business Support:
• Conducts Exit Interviews.
• Compile reports for all terminations.
• Support HR team in the management and improvement of overall service delivery
• Undertake HR related projects as required
• Involvement in the Graduate Recruitment Process
• Provide appropriate advice and guidance to Employees on Company Policies and Procedures
• Organising of long service awards and Retirement Functions
• Articulate employee value proposition to both external candidates and internal Employees
• Establish Business relationship with stakeholders
• Stakeholder satisfaction managed
• Manage communications with Employees
• Maintain Service Levels
• Contribute to Engen vision through living the Engen Values
Education & Experience • Minimum experience of 3 years as HR Generalist.
• Strong IR background advantageous.
• Degree / B-Tech in Human Resources Management or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes Knowledge of Implementing the Plans
Knowledge of Policies
Knowledge of the Plans
Knowledge of Procurement Processes and Policies
Knowledge of Performance Management Systems
Knowledge and Expertise
EE Legislation and Engen Policies
Engen Policies and Procedures, and Talent Management
HR Processes, Roles and Responsibilities
Customer Service Parameters
Good PC skills, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Ability to manage multiple customer groups
Important Information 1. The appointment will be made in line with Engen’s Employment Equity Strategy.
2. All applications must be submitted to the contact person/numbers provided & in the manner requested.
3. If not submitted by the closing date, your application will automatically not be considered.
4. Engen does not guarantee that you will be called for an interview or appointed by virtue of your application.
5. Engen reserves the right not to make an appointment.