Business Manager (Candidates with disabilities only)
Job Status: Active ✓
|Job Type||Full Time|
To provide a proactive business banking sales and service management function that will retain and grow a portfolio of small enterprise customers by identifying and implementing value adding and specialised business banking financial product solutions from a range of standard and/or customised offerings.
Customer Led Acquisition
· Explains, promotes, sells and/or customises a range of appropriate Standard Bank of South Africa (SBSA) product offerings/financial solutions that meet the financial needs of small enterprise customers.
· Acquires new risk groups and opens new business accounts on a face-to face basis.
· Cross-sells additional value adding products and services to existing customers to assist them in growing their businesses
· Identifies and refers sales leads to Business stakeholders e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking; SBFC; SBIB etc.
· Analyses existing customer data to identify expansion and/or additional business opportunities utilising available MIS and contact management strategy.
· Ensure effective and appropriate pricing across all products.
· Ensures consistent execution of CVP by utilising customer needs analysis, product holding report and entrepreneur engagement template.
· Provides central information/ query service point for the portfolio.
· Performs a liaison role between customers and back - office service fulfilment and credit functions.
· Adheres to the customer contact strategy in line with Customer Value Proposition (CVP).
· Accurately and efficiently processes customer mandates/documentation requirements for banking facilities.
· Ensure effective customer migration to Direct Channels.
· Identifies opportunities to migrate top-end relationships to Business/Mid-Corporate segment.
· Captures all customer interactions within 24 hours on Customer Contact Management system (e3).
· Ensures effective use of Customer1st lead generation system as a lead, query and complaint management tool.
· Ensures that all new service requests (queries and complaints) are logged correctly, as either a “first contact resolution” or “non-first contact resolution” as appropriate.
· Ensures that all leads are logged correctly in the presence of the customer and ensures cross selling opportunities are identified.
· Identifies and actions opportunities for cross- and up-sell.
· Identifies migration opportunities and sells products/services reactively.
· Ensures that service requests in personal work list are actioned within agreed timelines.
· Ensures accurate capture, updates or amendments of customer information and history notes.
Lending support and risk management
· Plans and implements annual credit reviews for the portfolio.
· Explains credit loan facility options and qualifying criteria to customers.
· Supports customers in the completion of credit application information requirements e.g. balance sheets, financial statements and management accounts.
· Motivates and processes non-scored and scored credit applications.
· Notifies customers regarding the approval/decline of credit loan facilities.
· Monitors daily referrals to ensure that customer facilities are managed within the parameters set by Credit. Exercise discretion regarding account conduct based on a close knowledge and understanding of customer activities.
· Applies risk based pricing models and manage concessions appropriately.
· Ensures that all Business Banking reports are actioned as stipulated by Group Reference Guide (GRG).
· Responsible for the achievement of financial budgets through optimal growth of balances, margin management and revenue streams.
· Achieves financial budgets in line with Regionals dynamics.
· Effectively manages pricing concessions and revenue collection.
· Forges business partnerships with Business Banking stakeholders in the province to leverage the interplay between Personal Segments and Business Banking for optimal growth and retention.
· Forges business partnerships with Credit and other internal and external stakeholders for optimal segment growth and retention.
Change and adoption management
· Accepts and implements strategic change initiatives in the Province.
· Translates strategic change initiatives into day-to-day operational action plans and tactics for roll out in the SE segments in conjunction with the Senior Manager: SE.
· Conducts communication sessions to convey the business case for change (using a variety of communication methods).
· Drives successful adoption of all projects implemented through the Senior Manager, SE and Manager, Provincial Change and Leadership.
· Identifies change agents and champions and guides/motivates them to take ownership of the change.
· Facilitates role and workflow clarification to reduce duplication, unnecessary complexity and role/process ambiguity.
· Acts as a role model by taking action, making decisions and shaping provincial SE priorities to reflect strategic changes and priorities
· Supports the implementation of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA) to ensure adherence to record keeping requirements
· Ensures compliance to all applicable legislative requirements such as National Credit Act, Companies Act, Consumer Protection Act, etc.
· Ensures the adherence to all internal risk related policies and guidelines.
· Ensures adherence to enhanced due diligence (EDD) process.
· Responsible for inspiring, motivating, leading and managing the team.
· Responsible for the recruitment, development and retention of relevant skills in order to meet the business needs.
· Ensures the effective selection of staff by matching the skills and competencies to the requirements of the job.
· Ensures skills assessments and competency-based training takes place as and when required.
· Ensure 100% compliance training to be completed by all staff, within SE.
· Builds organisational capabilities through evaluating likely future requirements and ensuring that individuals are provided with the best possible development opportunities in line with these.
· Creates an environment in which learning and development are emphasised and valued.
· Takes personal responsibility for coaching and mentoring others.
· Effectively delegates authority and responsibility, in line with business objectives, to ensure the empowerment, motivation and effectiveness of all direct and indirect reports.
· Promotes a culture where the values of the Bank are seen to be ‘alive’
· Ensures the implementation of the leadership promise and employee engagement programme.
· Encourages team members to express their views, resolves issues raised by the team, escalates issues if required, and provides feedback to teams on an ongoing basis.
· Develops and maintains an open communication channel with direct reports and supports staff to foster greater co-operation and teamwork.
· Monitors and manages the performance and development of staff within the area. This includes regular one-on-one feedback sessions, conducting mid-year and final performance appraisals, as well as the moderation and relative distribution of all appraisals for the team.
· Drives the Talent Review Sessions and succession planning, in conjunction with Human Resources (for SBG11 – SBG13 only).
· Fosters the transformation of the workplace and supports business in the achievement of the undertakings in the transformation scorecard, with specific attention to attaining the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) targets for Standard Bank by 2016.
· Ensures staff are appropriately and consistently rewarded and recognised for their achievements and outputs.
Ensures that disciplinary action and grievances are addressed and aligned to the Standard Bank policies and procedures.
· Relevant business related tertiary qualification e.g. B.Comm degree would be an advantage
Must complete one of the Qualifications listed on the FSB recognised list within the allocated time.
Good knowledge of general banking practices and procedures.
Sound numerical skills and financial acumen to analyse and evaluate financial statements, balance sheets and ratios.
A sound understanding of cash flow cycles pertaining to the industry being analysed.
A basic current knowledge and understanding of different industry sectors and sector risk trends
A thorough knowledge of standardised SE business banking products (features and benefits) and pricing.
Good knowledge of Personal Banking product offerings.
A good knowledge of financial investment options, vehicle and asset finance and electronic banking options for lead generation purposes.
A basic understanding of market economics.
Knowledge of competitor offerings.
A sound working knowledge and understanding of Credit principles and practices i.e. credit applications, collateral, balance sheet requirements, behavioural scoring.
A strong knowledge of the terms and conditions of multiple legal entities (companies, close corporations, sole proprietorships etc.) in the SE Segment and the legislative restrictions and requirements governing these from a financial services perspective.
A basic knowledge of the Companies Act and the Companies and Intellectual Properties Registration Act (CIPC) for correct documentation/ mandate preparation purposes.
Knowledge of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act (FAIS) and the Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA).
A sound knowledge of Managing Regional (MLM) sales principles and practices to optimise portfolio retention and growth.
A good knowledge of administration processes and procedures pertaining to Business Banking transactions.
Knowledge of how to use the Group Reference Guide to access/ look up relevant information.
Minimum of 3 years in Business Banking
Experience as a Business Banker/managing a portfolio in the small business environment is preferable. This experience provides an understanding of how businesses operate, as well as understanding the business risks, industry risks and financial requirements pertaining to the Small Enterprises market and/or;
Previous experience as an Account Analyst responsible for servicing business customers and preparing credit applications.
Must have relevant intermediary experience in respect of the FAIS product subcategories applicable to this role.
Apply Here http://bit.ly/2otbj6w